Vietnam won the Grand Prize Cup - The highest award at SIIF 2022
The Vietnam Fund for Supporting Technological Creations (VIFOTEC) participated in the Seoul International Invention Fair (SIIF 2022).
At the invitation of the Korea Invention Promotion Association (KIPA), the Vietnam Fund for Supporting Technological Creations (VIFOTEC) led by VIFOTEC Foundation Director Nguyen Xuan Tien participated in the Seoul International Invention Fair (SIIF 2022) from November 16, 2022 to November 19, 2022.
The team won the Grand Prize at SIIF 2022
SIIF is one of the largest annual invention fairs in the world, where the inventors and researchers introduce new ideas and inventions. Here, leading lawyers and experts in the field of intellectual property provide comprehensive information on the commercialization of inventions, giving advice on the international patent procedures and technology transfer, which help open up many opportunities for inventors to commercialize their works.
Vietnamese delegation attended SIIF 2022
In SIIF 2022, around 500 inventions from 16 countries and regions in the world came to visit. This is the largest-scale fair in the field of science and technology in Korea. It is co-organized by the Korea Invention Promotion Association (KIPA), the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and jointly supported by ministries, departments, sectors in Korea including Ministry of Science, Ministry of Trade, Confederation of Korean Industry, Korean Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Korea Federation of Small and Medium Enterprises, Korea International Trade Association, Korea Women Inventors Association, Korea Patent Lawyers Association.
The Vietnamese delegation attended at SIIF 2022 with 06 excellent works of the Vietnam Science and Technology Award 2020, 2021 and the National Technical Innovation Contest 2019 - 2020, 2020 - 2021 in 6 fields: Mechanical and automation engineering, energy saving and use of renewable energy, electronic information and telecommunications, technologies for responding to climate change, environmental protection and rational use of resources, biological restoration for production and life, material technology.
Vietnamese delegation with awards at SIIF 2022
Vietnam's works won awards at SIIF 2022 including 1 Grand Prize - the highest prize of the Fair, 2 Golds, 2 Silvers and 1 Bronze. In addition, the delegation also won a special prize presented by the Korea Invention Promotion Association (KIPA), along with three international prizes chosen by organisations from Malaysia, Thailand, and Saudi Arabia. In general, the winning works at SIIF 2022 are highly appreciated by the jury for their applicability and commercialization:
- 02 Golds belong to the project "Research on technology, design and manufacture a system of fast freezing equipment with liquid refrigerant, applied in processing tuna for export" by Mr. Pham Anh Tuan and Mrs. Nguyen Thi Minh Nguyet (Vietnam Institute of Agricultural Engineering & Post Harvest Technology - Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (VIAEP) and the project "Using hard soil, stratified soil, covering to produce high-quality tiles" of the team consisting of Nguyen Quang Mau , Dong Duc Cuong, Nguyen Duy Tan (Dat Viet Tile Joint Stock Company), this work also won the special prize of Thailand.
- The Grand Prize Cup belongs to the project "Research and application of high-class tile production process by dry grinding technology" of the team consisting of Nguyen Quang Mau, Nguyen Quang Toan, Nguyen Duy Tan (Dat Viet Brick and Tile Joint Stock Company).
- The Silver and the Special Prize of Saudi Arabia belonged to the project "Research on tectonic Nam Cau Kien into an ecological industrial park with a circular economy model" by the authors: Pham Hong Diep, Nguyen Anh Minh, Vu Thi Lan Nhi (Shinec Joint Stock Company - Nam Cau Kien Industrial Park)
- The Silver, Malaysia's special prize belongs to the project "Waste incinerator with heat recovery for steam production" by 2 authors: Dam Thi Lan and Nguyen Duc Quyen (Bach Khoa Hanoi Energy and Environment Joint Stock Company).
- The Bronze, KIPA's special prize belongs to the work "Research and manufacture equipment for drilling and lowering steel piles suitable for construction conditions in Truong Sa island " of the authors: Tran Huu Ly, Bui Duc Nho, Dang Nhat Tan (Military Engineering Institute, Ministry of National Defense)